Northern Rubber Cushions
Hainsworth is proud to present the premium brand for rubber table cushions – Northern Rubber by Hainsworth. With an extensive history, dating back to the original vulcanisation/curing process, Northern Rubber by Hainsworth cushions have provided an outstanding quality which players and professionals alike, have chosen for over a hundred and fifty years.
Northern Rubber cushions use only the best hand-tapped Malaysian rubber, from a natural and refined formula specifically designed for its rebound ability. Northern Rubber keeps 7,000 different formulas and ensures the rubber matches each and every specification set.
Northern Rubber developed the current formula in association with the World Professional Snooker Association. Hainsworth’s innovation and testing laboratory ensures that the rubber is always performing, with the latest O-Zone resistant materials. The rubber does not seep out vital ingredients which result in the cracking and deadening of the rubber, caused by O-zone degradation.
Unlike other manufacturers, Northern Rubber by Hainsworth is vulcanised/cured separately to the extrusion process, each set of rubber being put into its own mould for curing. This controlled method ensures the shape and density of the rubber, maintaining a perfect rebound every time with no air pockets.
To guarantee authenticity Northern Rubber products now carry unique identifying markers that cannot be copied. To check your rubbers are a genuine Northern Rubber Product look for
- The Yellow Button – Because Northern Rubber is vulcanised the yellow button sits within the product and cannot wear or peel off. The Yellow button signifies authenticity.
- Batch Number – Each rubber carries as its unique batch number for traceability back to the exact production batch.
• High end ingredients, using O-zone resistant materials
• 25 year product guarantee
• Tested for rebound ability, hardness, elasticity and specific gravity
• New Technology which ensures the mix of the ingredients is perfect before entering any stage of manufacture, eliminating
the risk of ‘dead spots’ along the length of the rubber
• Separate machine vulcanisation massively reduces the risk of swelling, controlling the shape of the rubber after extrusion
• Maturation periods after each process, based on years of expert knowledge and experience, ensuring the perfect bounce for the velocity and weight of the balls.